Topband: 5/20 VK9WI logs through 11GMT for USA

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: 5/20 VK9WI logs through 11GMT for USA
From: btippett@alum.mit.edu (Bill Tippett)
Date: Sat, 20 May 2000 11:24:18 +0100
W4DR wrote:

>To my knowledge he was on 160 every morning from
>09z +- a few minutes except May 19.  Most dxpeditions don't give us anything
>like that effort on 160 (TX0DX comes to mind!)

        Amen Bob!  The following from the VK9WI pilots may explain why
Nick was not on yesterday (May 19):

"WX - The weather at Willis Island has been awful the last few days.  Some of
the tents were flooded last night & personnel had to sleep in one of the
Met Buro sheds. Today, Saturday, the heavy showers have decreased to rain,
with 30-35 knot winds. (and the team still have to sail home across 200+
miles of open ocean!!)"

                                                73,  Bill W4ZV