Topband: 3B8/DL7DF

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: 3B8/DL7DF
From: sire@iinet.net.au (Steve Ireland)
Date: Wed, 08 Nov 2000 09:01:58 +0800
G'day all,

Sigi 3B8/DL7DF was an S5 signal into VK6 this morning, calling CQ on 1821.8
just after 2100Z, and was quickly worked simplex.

Conditions seemed poor this morning at/before sunrise to the west, but have
improved during the last few days, with some Europeans being worked.  While
the topband conditions are far from (the northern hemisphere winter) peak
in that direction, there are some promising signs, despite the high solar
activity.

For those in Europe looking for a contact with VK6, I am active most
mornings from 30 minutes before my sunrise (which was at 2113Z today and
getting earlier by about one minute every two days).

Vy 73,

Steve, VK6VZ

160m - the twilight zone