Topband: CT Cabrillo Problems with the 160 Meter Contest

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: CT Cabrillo Problems with the 160 Meter Contest
From: btippett@alum.mit.edu (Bill Tippett)
Date: Mon, 04 Dec 2000 16:48:10 +0000
        Saw this on the CT reflector and it may be of interest to
those of you who used CT in the ARRL 160.  Please direct any replies
to Dan N1ND at dhenderson@arrl.org and not me...de W4ZV:

"It has been brought to our attention that apparently CT has not been
upgraded to handle Cabrillo files for the 160 Meter Contest.

I have spoken with the folks at CT and they are aware of the problem.
Hopefully they will be able to get the fix provided to their users as soon
as feasible.

It is not our goal to penalize those who are making a good faith effort to
implement the Cabrillo file standards but run into a snag because of
problems from their software.  Because of this, for this contest and ONLY if
you are a CT user, you may submit your entry in non Cabrillo format.  You
should send both the old-style summary sheet and the log file created from
the WRITEARRL command from the program.  CT .bin files, CT.all files, should
not be sent:  only the old .sum and .log files (the ones without headers,
etc in the old style ARRL log file format.)  Entries should be sent to
160Meter@arrl.org

Thanks and 73

Dan Henderson, N1ND
ARRL Contest Branch Manager"