Topband: The Stew Perry TopBand DX Challenge

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: The Stew Perry TopBand DX Challenge
From: lew@teleport.com (lew@teleport.com)
Date: Fri, 8 Dec 2000 00:05:21 -0800 (PST)
Greetings!

     This edition of the Stew Perry TopBand DX Challenge will be run from
1500Z on Dec.30 to 1500Z, Dec 31, 2000. This is a CW contest with
something interesting for everybody which is held on 160M and anywhere the
160M RF can propagate to. The scoring is unique as distance between the
stations making a Q influences the points that Q is worth!

    Have I caught your attention..???  Point your web-winger to:
     http://jzap.com/k7rat/stew.html

    While viewing the rules and results of prior battles, you may notice
some rather unique plaques which have been available in the past. This
Contest urges the combatants to sponsor whatever categories that they feel
are important to recognize. This year the only set plaques will be Top
Scores for QRP, Low Power and High Power. If you wish to sponsor any of
these plaques...or a category that has deep personal meaning...or to
induce certain populations to jump into the fray....Then let me know via
e-mail what plaque you wish to sponsor followed by a check for
$50.00 made out to The Boring Amateur Radio Club. Addresses are at the end
of this note. We urge creativity in the Plaque categories, but reserve the
right to censor certain categories, should they offend the sensibilities
of The Boring Amateur Radio Club...which is pretty hard to do.....

     The Plaques for the 1999 Contest are currently in the Mail...winging
all around the world. If you are the recipient of one..or know someone who
won one..then take it out and show it off to Ham radio club meetings, TV
stations or electoral colleges, if so moved.

     For the computer-less contingent, who might be having a hard time
reading this note...or for further information in the contesting
literature, I'd recommend a dry white wine with CQ Contest Magazine,
the Dec. 2000 edition, to better appreciate the most recent Stew Perry
TopBand DX Challenge write-up.

    73 and I remain,
     Lew - Boring Amateur Radio Club Plaque Czar

         Lew  Sayre   W7EW/W7AT