Topband: TX0C Update

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: TX0C Update
From: btippett@alum.mit.edu (Bill Tippett)
Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2001 11:55:44 +0100
>From The Daily DX:

"Despite rumors, the TX0C, Chesterfield Islands DXpedition is still on.
F2CW and JA4EKO won't go along after all but F5CW/FK8VHY, FK8FS, FK8FU
and FO3BM all expect to go, leaving on April 24 and arriving on April
27, with the operation lasting through May 1.  JA1BK will handle all
of the QSLing chores."

        Also, I got an announcement in French directly from Dany F5CW
which Charlanne (my XYL) translated.  For 160-40 they will have a Battle
Creek for TX and two K6SE Deltas (like FO0AAA used) oriented for EU
Short/Long Paths and USA/Africa.  Special thanks to W8UVZ/K8GG/W0CD for
the Battle Creek and to K0CS (Lance Johnson Engineering) for the two
Delta preamps/transformers/terminations.  Without the special efforts of
these guys, we would not have nearly as good a chance for decent Topband
operation.

        Both F5CW (ex-J28EI and FT5ZB) and FK8FU are experienced Top
band operators.  Dany especially does not like people who call when they
cannot hear.  I quote directly from his message:

"Bien ECOUTER sera souvent la clé d'un QSO !
Surtout pour les  F !

Et en cas d'indiscipline caractérisée... les palmes, masques tubas sont
dans les bagages !"

Simple translation:  LISTEN!!!  In case of undisciplined behavior, they
brought scuba gear with them!

        For 1 May, their sunset is 0705 and sunrise is 1827.  Dany has
not given a specific frequency but I believe he will TX between 1825-
1830 and listen up for EU/NA and down for JA.  Good luck to all with the
first Topband activation of Chesterfield Islands!

                                                73,  Bill  W4ZV