Topband: 9V1PC

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: 9V1PC
From: k6se@juno.com (k6se@juno.com)
Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2001 20:07:09 -0800
I had a great eyeball QSO today with Peter Cook, 9V1PC, his beautiful
wife Sally, and their lovely 2-year old daughter Alexis.  Peter is in LA
on a combined business/pleasure trip and will return to Singapore in a
few days.

He now has a 160-meter dipole strung between two high-rise buildings in
Singapore 300 feet above ground, and said his favorite frequency for
DXing with his IC-756PRO is 1826.5 kHz and he's anxious to give that rare
country to all topband comers so that he can send them his new picture
QSL which features his station with Alexis at the key (reminds me of the
photo of DF2PY's 6-month old daughter pounding brass).  :-)

I asked Peter if he had any noise problems there and he said all of the
power utilities are underground so they're no problem, but his QTH is
only about one degree from the equator so thunderstorm static is a
year-round problem there.

I showed him a lot of photos I took at the topband dinner and forum at
Visalia 2001 and the topband dinner at Dayton 2001 and he seemed to enjoy
seeing the shots of many topbanders he has worked and heard of.

He's a great guy (as are all topbanders)!

73, de Earl, K6SE