Topband: Topband observations

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Topband observations
From: otterstad@enter.vg (Ragnar Otterstad)
Date: Sat, 4 Jan 2003 13:51:07 +0100
Topband DX propagation has been almost nil here in Iowa this year.

Same here in southern Norway !

Tonight, however, I worked S92SS with big signals.  He was peaking S8 here
with short but fairly deep fades.

I was monitoring your QSO and was one of those who called S9SS in vain for 30
mins. He was peaking 579 here but replied only to US stations, which was
surprising with his good signals here.
Strugglig with keeping my eyes open did not pay off last night with S9SS - nor
N8Z who was peaking 569. It would be nice is somebody could encourage N8Z to
stby for weak EU signals every once in a while.

FM5BH was tge strongest DX stn on 160 here , peaking 589.
AND he hears well too !!!!!

For now, the African path is certainly much easier into the Midwest than is
western Europe.

I am not surprised. Even W3GH was not audible when he worked S9SS  last night
and Bob is usually a good signal. On the other side VE1ZZ was strong, but that
is no surprise !  Hi

73  HNY

Rag LA5HE