Topband: Trees as Antennas

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Trees as Antennas
From: kn4lf at tampabay.rr.com (Thomas Giella KN4LF)
Date: Tue Aug 12 11:20:43 2003
We talk about and experiment with antennas all the time as 160 dxers and
contesters. I am in the process of adding new antenna links to my website
"KN4LF 160 Meter Amateur Radio Resources & More" at
http://www.kn4lf.com/kn4lf.htm and came across this website on using trees for
antennas. 100 years ago it seems as though they were shunt feeding trees
allegedly with success on transmit and receive.

http://www.rexresearch.com/squier/squier.htm

73,
Thomas F. Giella
Space & Atmospheric Weather Forecaster
AR C/S KN4LF
4208 Thackery Way
Plant City, FL, USA 33566
EL87WX

SWFWMD Rainfall Observer #574
NWS Tampa Bay, FL Skywarn Spotter #HIL-249

Florida Space & Atmospheric Weather Institute:
http://www.kn4lf.com/fsawi.htm

KN4LF Daily Solar Space Weather & Geomagnetic Data Archive:
http://www.kn4lf.com/kn4lf5.htm

KN4LF 160-10 Meter Amateur Radio Resources & More:
http://www.kn4lf.com/kn4lf.htm

Friend Website Design Studio:
http://www.kn4lf.com