Re: Topband: FEEDING AN END-FED LONGWIRE

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: FEEDING AN END-FED LONGWIRE
From: Earl W Cunningham <k6se@juno.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Mar 2004 17:36:32 -0800
When I was KL7FRY in 1966-67, my antenna was a 2000' end-fed long wire.
The antenna came into my 2nd-floor room window where I fed it via a
tunable LC network, tuning the L and C to match 50 ohms into the
transmitter.  This antenna worked extremely well on all bands.  My first
160m QSO (100 watts) from there in the extreme west end of the Aleutians
(nearer to Japan than to mainland Alaska) was with W0VXO in Minnesota.

If there's a myth that an end-fed long wire is no good, it's news to me
and is indeed only a myth.

73, de Earl, K6SE