Re: Topband: S9SS

To: W2pm@aol.com, topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: S9SS
From: BobK8IA@aol.com
Date: Sun, 14 Mar 2004 13:02:04 EST
In a message dated 3/14/04 10:23:32 AM US Mountain Standard Time,
W2pm@aol.com writes:
Heard S9SS on 80 - S9 plus 10 on the NE mini Flag for over 45 minutes. Then
he QRT'd and went to 160 where I could barely detect he was in there -
despite posts that he was very strong in NA - mostly Midwest as I
recall..  This is why 160 continues to remind me of golf ..

Thats interesting as he was quite copyable here in Arizona on both bands,
0230Z or so. Nothing fancy here for antennas (rx or tx) on either band, just
low
noise level most of the time. Thats certainly what makes 160 a challenge.
Searchlight propagation??

73, Bob K8IA
in the shadow of the Superstition Mtns
Arizona USA