Re: Topband: Inverted L Matching Question

To: <k8qm@nc.rr.com>, <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Inverted L Matching Question
From: "Guy Olinger, K2AV" <olinger@bellsouth.net>
Date: Tue, 2 Nov 2004 23:08:01 -0500
Try http://www.rfparts.com/caps.html#doorknob

73, Guy.

----- Original Message ----- From: "George McCrary" <k8qm@nc.rr.com>
To: <topband@contesting.com>
Sent: Tuesday, November 02, 2004 9:38 PM
Subject: Topband: Inverted L Matching Question

All,

I've got a Inverted L with about 45 feet vertical and 120 feet.
I currently have about half the radials I need. When I put up the
antenna last year I was able to get a decent match using a coax stub. It
worked pretty well for a while, but at some point stopped presenting a
good match.

Is it evil juju to use a coax stub to match this antenna
(especially since I can run a KW on 160)?

If the coax stub is bad, does anyone have a good suggestion for
an economical source for doorknobs?

Thanks for any suggestions.

George (K8QM)