Re: Topband: Remote relay via single wire

To: W2pm@aol.com, topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: Remote relay via single wire
From: Ve6wz_Steve <ve6wz@shaw.ca>
Date: Wed, 16 Nov 2005 19:10:32 -0700
> Can anyone comment on the advisability of powering-up a
> remote  DC (24v)
> relay - about 200 ft away with a single wire with the other

Pete:
I have remote operated a 12v DC relay more than 300m away at the end of
a beverage wire with no problem.  This was to switch the termination
resistor in and out.  I found it was most reliable using 24 v.  I
measured the voltage at the relay end and it was around 15 v (this is
from memory).  This was using only a 3 foot copper pipe ground rod at
the beverage end.

de steve ve6wz.