Re: Topband: topband post - waller flag antenna

To: "'Chuck Hutton'" <charlesh3@msn.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: topband post - waller flag antenna
From: "n4is" <n4is@bellsouth.net>
Date: Sat, 14 Jul 2007 21:54:25 -0400
Hi Chuck

The detuning cap is used on my TX antenna, the tower has a skirt and it
works like a ¼ wave stub, short circuited on the top and high impedance at
the base of the tower. When the TX tower is detuned there is no reradiation
or interaction between with the RX antenna. This kind of vertical is called
UNIPOLE VERTICAL or FOLDED UNIPOLE

The value of the capacitor was found measuring the resonant frequency of the
Skirt and brings it to 1830 KHz.

Here some useful links about detuning antennas and UNIPOLE

www.amcoordination.com/Foled%20Unipoles.htm

http://radiomagonline.com/mag/radio_useful_folded_unipole/index.html

http://www.ncjweb.com/novdec05feat.pdf

Regards