Topband: big K9AY-loop + MFJ 10126

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: big K9AY-loop + MFJ 10126
From: "Johan de Vos" <johan.devos@planet.nl>
Date: Sat, 22 Dec 2007 18:30:23 +0100
Hi all,

In have set up a loop which is twice as big as the normal K9AY loop; a
little more noise, but signals are much louder. I was able to work V8 and
could hear AH2L easily. Question is, what will be best size to have the
optimum S/N. Does anyone has experience with this?

Another experiment is 2 verticals spaced ¼ wave (40m apart) tuned for 160m.
The verticals are 6 mtrs long and in use with the MFJ 1026. It works, but
not as good as the K9AY loops. So next experiment will be 2 x k9ay loops
spaced 40m in combination with the 1026.

I also tested beverages here, but K9AY was still the winner at my location.
3Y0X was better to hear on the K9AY then on the 300 mtr beverage! I live
near a river, so to much reflections to have proper working from the
beverage.

Conclusion: to improve the gain here, I have to work further with the K9AY
loops.

73?Johan PA5A