Topband: reversible Beverage v none reversible Beverage

To: <Topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: reversible Beverage v none reversible Beverage
From: "Lee K7TJR" <k7tjr@msn.com>
Date: Sat, 8 Nov 2008 12:13:23 -0800
Hi Neil,
     My first questions about problems with your reversible Beverage are:

How long is the Beverage antenna?

How far away and where in relationship is your TX antenna?

Do you remember to terminate the unused direction in its cable impedance?

Which end is the source cable end, East or West?

Are you using isolated windings on the cable end transformer or autotransformer?

Do you have good ground rods on Each end of the Beverage?

 Three Bi-directional Beverages here appear to work well both directions.
Matter of fact, I have worked your station using the backward direction of the
ZL/EU one.
The reverse and forward directions compare well to my 8 element shortened
verticals arrays.

Not related to RDF but you can expect the reverse direction to have lower
signal output by the
attenuation level of the dual wire in the transmission line mode.

Lee  K7TJR Oregon