Re: Topband: Recent Conditions

To: "'Phil Clements'" <philc@texascellnet.com>, <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Recent Conditions
From: "n4is" <n4is@bellsouth.net>
Date: Wed, 3 Dec 2008 19:15:53 -0500
Phill

>>What is missing, and how do we tell when it is in play? Are there other
charts I need to be looking at?<

Based on my observations here in South Florida, for 160m we need at least 5
days with low A index for good condition across the pole. Only one or few
days are not enough.

I check this site almost everyday.

http://www.dxlc.com/solar/

This site has 2 month plot A index chart. I can spot days like Oct 27th with
almost 14 days with A bellow 5 or Nov 24th after 7 days with low A index. On
these days condx were fantastic up here with no Aurora.

Last year I noticed the same pattern and I can spot the days I worked zone
18 after 5 or more days with low A index.

I hope this help.

Regards
JCarlos
N4IS