Topband: Top Band is fun now

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Top Band is fun now
From: "AD5VJ Bob" <rtnmi@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Sun, 7 Dec 2008 17:48:35 -0600
Thanks to you guys for all your input through the months and years on this
reflector, as a result, I am now having allot more fun on
Top Band.

Below you will find a country list for me in the contest this weekend, I am not
bragging, just sharing with you guys the result of
all your help.

Might add I just bagged Taiwan on 20 meters at 23:33Z
on14.256.98 SSB as a direct result of you guys talking about radials and the
right way to do them.

I used a Butternut Vertical with a TBR-160 adapter for Top Band, although, I
had to retune the Butternut a little, took abt an hour
after tuning the TBR-160 for the DX portion of 160.

Now 160 is fun.

BTW before the radials I could not even hear Taiwan, much less work him.

Based on the results page in N1MM,
160 countries list for the contest is as follows:
HI  1
HK0  1
KH6 1
KP2  1
P4     2
PJ2  1
VE  8
XE    1
ZF   1

17 TOTAL COUNTRIES IN ONE WEEKEND WOW, this would have taken me a couple of
years before, if at all.

This doubled my Top Band countries list in one weekend thanks to you guys and
your patience with my ignorance.

of course 201 USA but that is local for me now on 160 Hi Hi

   73 fer nw es gud DX,
QSL VIA: LotW, BUR, e-QSL
Bob AD5VJ
http://www.ad5vj.com/
Old Calls WB5ZQU, WY5L/KH3, KE5CTY, N5IET