Re: Topband: One acre arrays

To: "Topband@contesting.com" <Topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: One acre arrays
From: "Jim Brown" <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Jun 2009 01:04:05 -0700
On Tue, 16 Jun 2009 16:11:23 -0700, Lee K7TJR wrote:

>   While there is no doubt putting up 2 or 3 elements would
> improve your station capabilities on 160 but It makes me
> wonder.
>   You have not mentioned the use of any receiving

I agree with Lee. I would go for the best vertical you can do with a
lot of radials AND the best RX you can do. When thinking about RX,
consider that a long Beverage can be pretty non-invasive when it
extends to an un-used (or un-observed) part of your neighbor's land.
I suspect that my EU/VK reversible extends onto a neighbor's
undeveloped land, but it's been there three years. :)

73,

Jim K9YC