Re: Topband: Need assistance with 160m Marconi

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: Need assistance with 160m Marconi
From: <donovanf@starpower.net>
Date: Sat, 19 Sep 2009 11:57:03 -0400 (EDT)
Hi Paul,

As a rule of thumb, the length of the vertical wire and half of the T top
should be approximately 135 feet total. Your antenna is too short, its probably
resonant at approximately 2.5 MHz.

You can bring it into the 160M band by, in order of preference:
  - lengthen the vertical wire to 85 feet, or
  - lengthen the vertical wire and the T top so the length of the vertical wire
and half of the T top equals 135 feet.
  - lengthen the T-top to 170 feet, or
  - change antenna configuration from a T to an inverted-L with a total wire
length of 135 feet
  - add a loading coil to the base of the vertical.

73
Frank
W3LPL