Re: Topband: 160m in RTTY Contests

To: w0yk@msn.com, TopBand List <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: 160m in RTTY Contests
From: Art <k6xt@arrl.net>
Date: Mon, 26 Oct 2009 22:33:51 -0600
I operate RTTY. I'm very happy that RTTY contests exclude 160M for the
simple reasons that:

1) I would never operate RTTY below 1850 out of respect for CW DX
activity in that area. Many of these guys don't operate RTTY and/or
don't contest, but are active wintertimes every day. In any case if
something did show on CW that I was interested in, that would be the end
of my RTTY ops. There's already plenty of incursion into CW DX territory
during SSB contests.

2) As a more or less casual RTTY op I would not take the trouble to
retune my tx antenna for higher in the band where it does not now
operate well.

I'm agin' it. Just my .02.

73 Art