Re: Topband: Coax Choke Balun

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: Coax Choke Balun
From: K4SAV <RadioIR@charter.net>
Date: Wed, 11 Nov 2009 22:07:05 -0600
K4SAV wrote: I'm just trying to be accurate in describing what happens
when you use a coax choke.

Well I was TRYING to be accurate, but I missed the description of what
happens at the 1/2 wavelength resonance point.  That's not a high
impedance at the feedpoint like I said.  It's low, so an added
inductance that moves the resonance closer to the operating frequency
increases the current.  In that case the coax wound choke could possibly
increase the current if the feedline length is a little less than 1/2
wavelength, maybe close to 200 ft.

Jerry, K4SAV