Topband: spacers for ladder line

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: spacers for ladder line
From: "dick-bingham" <dick-bingham@hughes.net>
Date: Tue, 11 May 2010 21:03:15 -0700
Regarding ===> spacers for ladder line

I have been using plain-old-wood cut to whatever size is necessary and then
boil-the-heck-out-of-it in canning paraffin for use as insulators and
spacers. It'll last longer than most of us have life left in us...

I still have an inch-thick piece of interior grade plywood that was boiled
in paraffin back around 1978 bolted to the top of my Rohn-25 top-plate being
used as a side-thrust guide that is as good as the day it was installed
32-years ago.

The old-timers of 80-years-ago used this technique way before many of us
were born !!

73 - Dick/w7wkr CN98pi

UR RST IS ... ... ..9 QSB QSB - hw? BK