Re: Topband: 5/16 vs 1/4 wave length inverted L

To: Guy Olinger K2AV <olinger@bellsouth.net>
Subject: Re: Topband: 5/16 vs 1/4 wave length inverted L
From: tzikas tzik <tzitzikas77@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Jul 2010 16:47:21 +0200
hi. thank you for your answer. What elevation angle has the 5/16 inverted L
and what elevation angle has the 1/4? Must i will reduce the total lenght
from 5/16 to 1/4 for higher local signal or the difference is just a little
bit, and to keep the 5/16 inverted L? If i keep the 5/16 inverted L what i
must change to increase the signal? Now i am using 6 radials (4 1/8 and 2
1/4).which are constructed with insulated wire and are placed on the ground.

Moreover, what do you think about T antenna?
My transmitting area is like this draw:
http://tzitzikas.webs.com/transmitter_area.JPG
In the front of transmitter's house, there is a third building with 6
floors. So, the vertical portion of my antenna is found between 3 buildings.
I think it is a problem for the signal transmittion. What do you propose?
Now, for match system with my 50ohm transmitter, i am using a variable
series capacitor (0-500pf).

On Mon, Jul 26, 2010 at 11:11 PM, Guy Olinger K2AV <olinger@bellsouth.net>wrote:

> There is very little difference in the pattern of a 5/16 inverted L
> and 1/4 inverted L that has the bend to horizontal at the same height,
> assuming a bend even roughly half way.  The lower the bend the higher
> the maximum lobe takeoff, but it's a mild change.   29 degrees vs. 49
> degrees is not correct, all other issues held constant.
>
> 73, Guy.
>
> On Sun, Jul 25, 2010 at 11:49 AM, tzikas tzik <tzitzikas77@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > Hi. I have a transmitter for 160m band about 200-300w r.f output power.
> Now
> > i am using an (5/16)X(wave length) inverted L. I am looking for an
> antenna
> > which will provide strong local signal. I have read that the 5/16
> inverted L
> > has about 49o elevation angle and the 1/4 inverted L has about 26o
> elevation
> > angle. So, i think that 1/4 inverted L, provide more strong local signal.
> > what do you think about this?
> > Now with 5/16 inverted L it very easy to match it with the 50ohm
> transmitter
> > by using only a series variable capacitor. I am afraid that with 1/4
> > inverted L it will be more difficult to match it with the transmitter.
> What
> > i need (coils and capacitors) to match it? thank you very much
> > UR RST IS ... ... ..9 QSB QSB - hw? BK

UR RST IS ... ... ..9 QSB QSB - hw? BK