Re: Topband: 5/16 vs 1/4 wave length inverted L

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: 5/16 vs 1/4 wave length inverted L
From: GEORGE WALLNER <gwallner@the-beach.net>
Date: Tue, 27 Jul 2010 13:11:39 -0400
The difference in the vertical radiation angles between
the 5/16 and Inv L is small because with both antennas
most of the radiation comes from the vertical section.
Radiationwise, these two atennas are essentiall the same.

If you are looking for a high angle antenna for short
distance (100 - 300 km) communications, you should look at
an NVIS antenna; i.e. a low dipole. Fortunately, on 160,
almost any dipole mounted lower than 30 meters (100 feet)
will have a lot of high angle radiation.

GL es 73,

George, AA7JV

UR RST IS ... ... ..9 QSB QSB - hw? BK