Re: Topband: BOG questions

To: n4zr@contesting.com, Topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: BOG questions
From: <k8tys@tampabay.rr.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Oct 2010 20:39:41 -0400
Pete,

Contact Bruce K1FZ. k1fz. He seems to be knowledgable on 160 bogs
k1fz@myfairpoint.net  A bog that is on the ground or around a foot or less
above ground can't be very long. Bruce has told me max length is about 150ft.
Any longer than around 150 and it will become capacative. He also buids
matching xfmrs for BOG's. It is a 300ohm matching xfmr. I believe long
beverages are higher
that 400+ ohms.

I plan on trying 2 myself soon.

Best 73's
Doug K8TYS
St. Pete., Fl

---- Pete Smith <n4zr@contesting.com> wrote:
> I'm thinking of a BOG for this season's RX antenna, after becoming
> thoroughly disillusioned with my K9AY loop experiments.  Problem is, I
> can only get about 350 feet on the right azimuth (to Europe) and to
> continue to a full 580 feet or so, I would need to do a 20-degree dogleg
> to the right.  I'm wondering if anyone out there who has NEC-4 can
> advise on how this would affect the pattern and the terminating
> resistance.  My NEC-2 won't handle it, of course.
>
> --
> 73, Pete N4ZR

> reversebeacon.blogspot.com,

UR RST IS ... ... ..9 QSB QSB - hw? BK