Re: Topband: Commscope CATV Cable - Thanks

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: Commscope CATV Cable - Thanks
From: Jeff Wilson <jjw5257@yahoo.ca>
Date: Wed, 27 Oct 2010 20:52:01 -0700 (PDT)
Thanks to all the great topbanders who replied to my request.  At least 15!
I sure didn't htink it would be this difficult.  It is old cable, but looks
brand new to me.  Must be at least 15 years old.
No wonder we couldn't find anything on the net.
Here is the best reply, and yes, I will confirm with my MFJ-259B once I get
around to measuring the length.

Ralph, K8KXA got in touch with the Product Manager, Broadband Coax, for
Commscope and here is what he had to say:

LL82959  CXC-FT4  COMMSCOPE INC  E83032 (UL) CATV

I got feedback from several team members.  What we know is this cable is very
old, as the numbers listed on the cable pre-date our actual date code system.
In addition, the UL listing is one that is very old (we have been ETL listed
for

a pretty long time).
I spoke with Joe Elko, and he said the measurements provided indicate that this
is an F6 cable.  Based on this, the Velocity of Propagation would be 85%
nominal.
Brad Edwards
Product Manager, Broadband Coax
CommScope
1100 CommScope Place SE
Hickory, NC 28603 USA

Thanks for all your replies and hope to work you on Topband this season.
Listening with the new Beverage!
73
Jeff  VE3CV

UR RST IS ... ... ..9 QSB QSB - hw? BK