Topband: Switching Beverages

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Topband: Switching Beverages
From: Bil Tippett <btippett@alum.mit.edu>
Date: Fri, 04 Feb 2011 05:48:39 -0500
ZL3IX wrote:

 > As long as your relays have decent isolation, even for high impedances,
it may even be better to switch the Bev wires themselves.  That way you
don't share the ground at the feed end, and avoid any common impedance
coupling.

         I agree.  I've done this since installing my first set of 7
Beverages in 1985 arranged like wheel spokes and have never noticed
crosstalk problems.  I even sometimes switched two in parallel to
listen in two directions simultaneously in contests (NE and W when I was
in Colorado).  Now I prefer diversity (Beverages on one RX and an RX 4SQ
on the other RX) for contests.

                                         73,  Bill  W4ZV

UR RST IS ... ... ..9 QSB QSB - hw? BK