Topband: "Artificial" Propagation...?

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Topband: "Artificial" Propagation...?
From: Eddy Swynar <deswynar@xplornet.ca>
Date: Sat, 10 Mar 2012 12:01:14 -0500
Hi All,

An on-line friend recently sent me this timely link re. an upcoming NASA
experiment that involves the releasing of an aluminum oxide "cloud" some 60
miles above earth:

http://www.aopa.org/aircraft/articles/2012/120308nasa-rockets-spread-ghostly-glow.html?WT.mc_id=120309epilot&WT.mc_sect=gan

I wonder if the conductivity (if any) of this man-made cloud will have any
effect upon radio propagation...? (Heaven only knows that the propagation on
Topband this season has been far from stellar---"any and all assistance
appreciated", Hi).

This could be of great benefit to VHF DX'ers, perhaps, if not us denizens of
the nether-regions of the frequency spectrum...

~73~ de Eddy VE3CUI - VE3XZ
UR RST IS ... ... ..9 QSB QSB - hw? BK