Re: Topband: PT0S

To: w2lk@bk-lk.com
Subject: Re: Topband: PT0S
From: Eddy Swynar <deswynar@xplornet.ca>
Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2012 10:26:52 -0500
On 2012-11-12, at 10:14 AM, Les Kalmus wrote:

> I heard the same thing you did Gary but I wasn't able to break the pileup on
> either band.
> I hope I can eventually get through what is among the worst intentional QRM
> on a DX station that I have heard.

There really should be a way of "...outing" some of these deliberate QRM
generators...

I realize that some of the stuff is being generated anonymously, but we all
know the call signs of one, or more, "REPEAT offenders"---guys who continually
insist upon calling out of turn, guys who repeatedly send their call signs
right over top of existing QSOs, guys who repeatedly call on the DX stations
transmit frequency, etc. etc. etc. ...in short, guys who just continually
refuse to "get it."

Years ago I wrote to ARRL & suggested they publish a monthly list of DX station
non-QSLers in QST---much like they had a column called "Pre-Historic Signals"
in 1929 when they were actively pushing to get Amateurs to "raise the bar" in
the quality of their signals---but I never received so much as even an
acknowledgement of my idea. I guess it wasn't in keeping with being polite &
gentlemanly.

Let's face it: the situation is HARDLY improving...and wishing / hoping /
praying / keeping our fingers crossed will not help make these louts take-up
stamp collecting, instead of "DX'ing".

What will it finally take until we collectively say, "Enough is enough!"...?

~73~ de Eddy VE3CUI - VE3XZ