Re: Topband: Beverages 2 basic questions

To: "Eduardo Araujo" <er_araujo@yahoo.com>, <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Beverages 2 basic questions
From: "ZR" <zr@jeremy.mv.com>
Date: Sun, 2 Dec 2012 11:14:20 -0500

----- Original Message ----- From: "Eduardo Araujo" <er_araujo@yahoo.com>
To: <topband@contesting.com>
Sent: Sunday, December 02, 2012 12:48 AM
Subject: Topband: Beverages 2 basic questions

Many thanks Dean, Carl, Mike, Joel and the rest of you who shared your opinions about "why so many", probably I missed the point that 3 or 4 db in directivity loss because of deeps is much more important that I figured out and that could make a difference in a QSO or not.

Keep in mind that without considering a very few stations, being in LU land I am really far away from all highly ham populated zones

About my second question...... no takers ??
I repeat it here again just in case.... I modified the text of the second test for more clarity

Is there a meaninfull or simple way to determine if at my location is worth to go from 600 to 900 feet?

Ive no idea what the propagation data for signal arrival angles are for Argentina of if they even exist. To say its similar for US to AF as it is for LU to EU as an example would be guesswork.

My suggestion would be to install a longer one and make A:B comparisons. Since a Beverage is non resonant distance seperation doent have to be extreme, 30-50' should be fine.

Carl
KM1H