Topband: 160m ARRL contest

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Topband: 160m ARRL contest
From: Martin <dm4im@t-online.de>
Date: Sun, 02 Dec 2012 19:01:05 +0100
Topbanders,
thank you all for your advice and suggestions over the last days.

DL0WH spent about 10 hours in the contest , managed to log 48 qso,
scored 23 us-states (that is almost half the WAS over a single weekend!) and the virgin islands plus 4 canadian provinces.
Heard FM5CD , CO6YAC, PJ2T , CE1/K7RA.
I listened exclusively on the beverage me and my friend DM2GM installed here.

I heard a lot more stations and a few more states than i could work, but can imagine the band was very noisy over there.

We also set up an inv L over a FCP. Looks more like a Z or the figure 7, but seems to work very well. In direct competition with other EU-stations, DL0WH was copied first many times.

Thanks to K2AV for his pile of informative Mails from earlier this year.
I was very happy when i worked you in the test, Guy.

Next step is to make the Bev reversible, i just began today make the transformers.

I believe the virus has gotten me...

--

Ohne CW ist es nur CB..

73, Martin DM4iM