Re: Topband: KLM antennas on shunt fed towers

To: "'Peter Voelpel'" <df3kv@t-online.de>, <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: KLM antennas on shunt fed towers
From: "Charlie Cunningham" <charlie-cunningham@nc.rr.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Dec 2012 10:04:52 -0500
Good afternoon, Peter!

Well, your comments  make  me even more suspicious that Ron's KLM balun has
been damaged by common mode current, induced in his 10m coax by 160m tower
current. Your 1/2 wave baluns, made of 1/2" Cellflex, should be much more
capable of withstanding the common mode currents. A good solution and
preventive measure, I think. Have a good day!

Charlie,. K4OTV