Re: Topband: Radial wire in bulk

To: "AA8R - Notebook" <aa8r@aol.com>, <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Radial wire in bulk
From: "ZR" <zr@jeremy.mv.com>
Date: Sun, 28 Jul 2013 09:03:45 -0400
Check at the metal recyclers; Teflon insulated wire brings little money as scrap and is rather common where there is high tech and military contractors. Regular tinned copper and stranded PVC insulated is also common and around here magnet wire as used in motor shops is hard to find in any quantity on a regular basis.

Sometimes Fleabay is good when shipped from close by. I got all my military telephone Beverage wire real cheap since its listing description was misleading, $25 for 2.5km was hard to take!

Hamfests have always been good hunting during a poor economy.

Carl

----- Original Message ----- From: "AA8R - Notebook" <aa8r@aol.com>