Re: Topband: Effect of trees

To: <73rjkosz@sympatico.ca>, <topband@contesting.com>, <carl.jonsson7@gmail.com>, "Guy Olinger K2AV" <olinger@bellsouth.net>, "Gary and Kathleen Pearse" <pearse@gci.net>, <cwforever2@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Effect of trees
From: "ZR" <zr@jeremy.mv.com>
Date: Tue, 6 Aug 2013 18:53:38 -0400
Its been shown on here and elsewhere, by many and many times, that once beyond a modest radial field the field strength goes up marginally to the classic 128. Ive stressed many times that a mesh screen out from the base 50' or so for 160 does more for the signal than going from 32-64 or 64 to 128 radials. It also stabilizes the all important maximum current area so that climate doesnt have much effect.

Carl
KM1H
----- Original Message ----- From: "Robert Kavanagh" <73rjkosz@sympatico.ca>