Re: Topband: Shunt feeding the Skyneedle - new developments

To: "'Roger D Johnson'" <n1rj@roadrunner.com>, "'160'" <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Shunt feeding the Skyneedle - new developments
From: "Charlie Cunningham" <charlie-cunningham@nc.rr.com>
Date: Sat, 22 Feb 2014 11:43:35 -0500
Wel, I agree with all of that, Roger.  I plotted Carl's 45-j11 load on a 50
ohm Smith Chart, and it's right near the origin of the chart on a 1.3:1 VSWR
circle. I'd need some more data points at some other frequencies to plot to
get a better picture of what's going on, But his VSWR is so low that the
losses in 70' of LMR-400 on 160 are completely negligible!  As long as he
can match it at the transmitter end - no problem! And at one point, he was
measuring "dead-flat" 1:1at the tranmitterend of the cable. His Henry amp
should handle that just fine without a tuner!

73,
Charlie, K4OTV