Re: Topband: tool for install radials

To: "Mike & Coreen Smith VE9AA" <ve9aa@nbnet.nb.ca>
Subject: Re: Topband: tool for install radials
From: Mike Waters <mikewate@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 9 Dec 2014 12:01:12 -0600
Hi Mike,

On Tue, Dec 9, 2014 at 11:11 AM, Mike & Coreen Smith VE9AA <
ve9aa@nbnet.nb.ca> wrote:

> I made a tool for installing radials in my VERY rocky soil

You have my attention, since my soil also has lots of rocks. You don't have
a photo, do you?

I have elevated radials under my inverted-L, but I would like to bury a few
radials again at each end of my Beverages, so that I can have the
neighbor's cows come in here and cut the grass and weeds. When they were
grazing once, they tore some radials loose that I had stapled to the earth
with their teeth.

The following year I just laid the wire on the ground (tightly), pinned it
> down here and there with small homemade staples

Staples here usually hit rocks and bend, and take numerous tries. Perhaps
the rocks in my soil are closer together than yours.

Also, since you live in NB, I don't suppose you could try and help find
that QRM source on 1.915 could you?

73, Mike
www.w0btu.com