Re: Topband: RUSSIAN 160 METER CONTEST

To: "R7LV" <r7lv@dx.ru>
Subject: Re: Topband: RUSSIAN 160 METER CONTEST
From: "Milt -- N5IA" <n5ia@zia-connection.com>
Date: Sun, 21 Dec 2014 08:23:51 -0700
Vlad,

Your message finally received here.  Thank you for responding.

The situation you mention for the contest sponsors is a 'Catch 22' situation.

They are never going to get more participation if they limit the contest time to such a short window. And they surely are never going to get participation from areas of the world where it is daylight during the contest hours.

Plus the participation will not increase greatly until the contest becomes a known entity that everyone can play in.

I believe the timing of the contest is great; 1/2 way between ARRL 160 and the SPDC.

Having 3 great contests with different flavors on 160 during the month of December would be super.

73 and Merry Christmas to you and yours.

Milt, N5IA, and also operator of N7GP

-----Original Message----- From: R7LV