Re: Topband: My beverage only hears static?

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: My beverage only hears static?
From: Martin <dm4im@t-online.de>
Date: Sat, 13 Jan 2018 16:12:29 +0100
No matter where the beverage points to, terminated or not, hearing only s5 static just seems not right to me. Did you connect your antenna to RX IN (not OUT) ? What XFMR do you use? Grounded the coax at the feedpoint by accident? What happens when you leave the frontend protector out of the setup? Will your K3 pick up signals when you connect your TX-antenna to RX IN?

73, Martin