Topband: Using a Tower to Support an Inverted L

To: "topband@contesting.com" <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Using a Tower to Support an Inverted L
From: "Udo A. Heinze" <uaheinze@mmenterprisesllc.com>
Date: Sun, 25 Aug 2019 17:06:05 -0500
I just replaced my low 160 meter dipole with an Inverted L to improve my
transmitting signal.  The Inverted L is about 2 feet from a crank up tower I
use on other bands.

Here is the general layout:
Tower height is 55 ft.  On top is a 4 element WRC tri-bander and 8 feet above
is a 2 element M2 shortened 40 meter yagi.
The inverted L is 55 ft vertical about 2 feet from the tower, then 80 ft
horizontal.  Single wire (#13 copper).
The radial system is buried 40 wires 100-135 ft long.

After installation I got the following readings at the base of the antenna:
SWR increases from 1.2 to 1.6 (1.800 - 2.000 Mhtz)
              Measured "Resistance" was 52-77 ohms;  Reactance 7-18 ohms (using
MFJ 259B)

There is obvious interaction between the "L" and the Tower/Yagis.  Has anyone
had experience with or modeled such a setup?  I am really curious as to
what  I can expect from this setup. Thanks for any help you can provide.

Udo  NI0G