Re: Topband: Furnace RFI

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: Furnace RFI
From: Artek Manuals <Manuals@ArtekManuals.com>
Date: Thu, 3 Oct 2019 21:58:21 -0400
Mark, Bill et all
If you Google "Furnace Fan RFI" you will find a host of information on how to cure rfi from variable speed AC ( & HEATING) blower fans. Turns out that the fans in fact meet the FCC specs but at the level we operate at they can wipe out the 500hz segments every 18-25khz. The manufacturer  of the fans which are used by 75% of Central A/C guys actually has a RFI kit that can be purchased and installed ONLY BY A LICENSED A/C Contractor. If it were me I would dicker with whoever you buy your unit from that it must have this fan RFI kit installed in advance or they don't get the business. The details are in several of the google articles.

Dave
NR1DX