Re: Topband: Summer Stew Perry

To: Don Kirk <wd8dsb@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Summer Stew Perry
From: Kenneth Grimm <grimm@sbc.edu>
Date: Mon, 22 Jun 2020 08:14:10 -0400
If it were easy, the Summer Stew would lose its charm!  While working
Europe in the Winter is relatively easy for those on the East Coast, I
really had to struggle to pull out two DLs and a PA in this Stew.  I almost
missed my lone Caribbean contact due to heavy QRN.  What I did notice was
that most of the 160 regulars were there, with the big exception of KV4FZ.
One of my first Qs, in broad daylight, was with VE3MGY.  Don, WD8DSB, you
made it into my log as well.  So did K7RAT.  Still, it's ham against mother
nature and to enjoy the Summer Stew, you have to be a little bit of a
masochist...and I sure would miss it if it ever went away!  😷
73 and stay safe,
Ken - K4XL

--
Ken - K4XL