Re: Topband: No joy in Mudville Florida

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: No joy in Mudville Florida
From: David Raymond <daraymond@iowatelecom.net>
Date: Tue, 17 Oct 2023 12:37:11 -0500
Here in Iowa, I got on TB last evening around 0015z and found OK1CF, EU's beacon, CQing with a very good S5 signal (he's normally just above the noise) and quickly completed a Q.  I then saw 5B4AMX spotted and found him CQing without many callers.  He was weak, about 339/449 but I completed a Q.  He then began quickly building. . .within 10 or 15 minutes he was peaking an honest S7, doing a good job running the pile and puttin' 'em in the log.   I QSYd to TV and returned about 0330z and put nine more EUs in the log including an all time new callsign, DL5OCE. . . so there is some prop and life in the band on CW.

73. . . Dave, W0FLS