Re: Topband: Top Band conditions

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: Top Band conditions
From: Steve Harrison <k0xp@k0xp.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2024 06:32:58 -0800
I was on last night from about 0330Z to 0730Z from the desert in W6, but
the only European I could hear was F5NTV whom I worked at 0650Z. Then I
CQed sporadically on 1822.75 but with no replies. I believe W8KA did
work at least one Euro around 0330Z - 0400Z, however. He hears much
better than I do with his 8-circle RX array.

Cndx to 9M2AX haven't been very good for me the last two weeks, with
generally ESP-level sigs, as I'm hearing this morning at 1330-45Z,
although K4SV (remote? I dunno where he is) has been calling
consistently since 1330Z or so.

Correction, he just started coming up to 559 at about 14Z, hit 579 for a
few mins so I called him since K4SV stopped calling; but no response,
cndx still not quite good enough to break through his QRN consistently.
He faded out by 1420Z, 5 mins before the sun splashed across the desert
here.

Steve, K0XP