Quads vs Yagis

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Quads vs Yagis
From: K2JAS@worldnet.att.net (Roger L. Elowitz)
Date: Sat, 28 Dec 1996 22:37:06 -0500
Hi Chuck,

I want to personally thank you for posting your experiences with quads. I'm
getting the impression that quad owners almost feel like second class
citizens or, at the very least, closet antenna freaks.

Getting them up and keeping them up and tuning them to perfection is a dying
artform and we owe it to all the newbees to let them know the quad is KING-
if only we make it so. Talking it up on this reflector is a positive step
towards resurecting an almost vanishing art.

You've done your part. Thanks, from a former quad owner.

Roger, K2JAS

P.S.  I neither sell nor manufacture the beasts. I just love them and would
like to see them get the respect they truly deserve. Posting your
experiences keeps them from being forgotten about. The more people using
them the further along that artform will develop- IMHO.