[TowerTalk] Eutectic Limerick Contest Winners

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Eutectic Limerick Contest Winners
From: K2JAS@worldnet.att.net (Roger L. Elowitz)
Date: Sun, 30 Mar 1997 21:50:08 -0500
Hi Gang,

The limerick submissions have dwindled to nothingness so I thought it was a
good time to review the many entries and announce a winner... before the
comet gets here and before this all gets mixed up and confused with April
Fool's Day... which it shouldn't!

First let me thank all the participants who put in the creative time to this
endeavor. The self satisfaction of the "journey" for most of them is reward
enough. For others... all the nonsense will ultimately be subliminally
coupled with the novel word "eutectic" which will forever be indelibly
burned into our brains.

Speaking for myself... at this age (55)... good new words are hard to come
by. And so, some fun AND word association has formed the end of a valuable
vocabulary lesson. Besides, we all (or most of us anyway) learned something
new... and that seems to be the hallmark of what's generally going on here
on the reflector... the free interchange of knowledge, ideas and opinions.
What could be more wonderful than that?  (Ok! I can think of a few things...
but this is a "Family" reflector so I won't mention them).

And the winner of the virtual Telex/HyGain TH-7DXS is.......... (please see
end of summarized entries list).

There once was a ham from Conectic
Whose solder was soft and eutectic
It started to flow
And as we all know
That's when it quickly turned hectic!

73, Bill W7TI
wrt@eskimo.com

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><
There once was a ham from Conectic
Whose solder was soft and eutectic
But the seeds he sowed
caused the poets' thread to grow,
and unleashed these punsters peripatetic.

<73 de PO8TRY>
73 de Jim, KF7E
Jim Henderson <jhenders@tdrss.wsc.nasa.gov>

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
There once was a ham, quite eclectic..
Who spurned solders not made eutectic!
His joints were a sight..
So shiny and bright.
But his phobia made him frenetic!

Chuck K3FT
k3ft@erols.com

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
There once was a lass from Connectic
Whose connections were always hermetic
When she needed a seal
She said, "No big deal
I'll use the stuff that's eutectic."

Susan - K5DU
Susan King <ku2q@austin.ibm.com>

There once was a ham from Connectic
Who's solder was soft and..... eutectic..
It started to flow......
On his hand, don't you know . . .
He needed anitseptic.

There once was a ham from Connectic
Who's solder was soft and..... eutectic..
It started to flow......
He started to blow......
And it solidified faster than hecktic.

There once was a ham from Connectic
Who's solder was soft and..... eutectic..
It started to flow......
Into a mold down below......
And formed an IBM Selectric.

There once was a ham from Connectic
Who's solder was soft and..... eutectic..
It started to flow.....
'Round the pipes down below.....
To plug the hole in his septic.

(Doesn't Count... but Good Nonetheless)
There once was a ham who wailed,
"I'm in risk of being jailed."
"These stupid rhymes
Surely are crimes."
"and not fit to be e-mailed."

w7ni@teleport.com (Stan Griffiths)

The winner by considered opinion is.....

# 4... Susan King <ku2q@austin.ibm.com>

Enjoy assembling your virtual TH7DXS Susan.  (And please don't weld the
elements together).

The second runner up and the winner of the virtual Sturba Curtain for 2.4
Ghz is......

#6... w7ni@teleport.com (Stan Griffiths)

Thanks  to everyone who participated and to all those who's patience we
tried to the extreme- suffering to read (or instantly filter) our whimsy.  I
enjoyed this little bit of bandwidth immensely and hoped the majority did too.

And... while I have long since forgotten who launched this thread with the
knowledge of eutectic solder... I am very much grateful for your posts.

73, Roger, K2JAS