[TowerTalk] pl259 crimp-on sources

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] pl259 crimp-on sources
From: n7mb@primenet.com (Michael Bill)
Date: Sun, 30 Mar 1997 20:52:42 -0700 (MST)
After my message regarding crimp-on PL-259 connectors, I was inudated (well,
okay... I had maybe 5 messages) with requests for "duh, where do you get the
connectors and
crimp tools from"?  There must several companies that sell these, the one I
use is called:

Connectors Unlimited
P.O. Box 5973
Manchester, NH  03108-5973

Phone 603-668-5926
Fax   603-641-1179
(they have an 800 number, but I don't want them to be overloaded by the
cheapskate hams who will phone for a free catalog but never buy anything)

Nice group of folks, I purchased a couple of sizes of PL-259 to test before
ordering
100 of each  for RG-213 and RG-8x.  Their catalog has a lot of connectors
(F, UHF, N, BNC, etc) for dozens of cable sizes.  And the appropiate crimp
tools.  With prices.

They went overboard in helping me find the right crimp tool just a few weeks
before
I left for Africa,  3 people must have called me to make sure I got
everything okay.
It's like they WANT to do business with ya, a strange sensation here in the
States.

Well, that's the first and last freebie ya get from the VooDoo Contest Group
(TM).
We have certain standards we must maintain, and telling our secrets ain't
one of them. (or is one of them, I'm not sure).  anyway...

73 de Mike/ N7MB