[TowerTalk] K Factor for Tailtwister Rotor

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] K Factor for Tailtwister Rotor
From: readerl@goliath.sunyocc.edu (Larry Reader)
Date: Wed, 7 May 97 13:20:00 -0400
Just got off the phone with Yaesu repair service, it seems my G1000SDX rotor
is "unrepairable".

It had turned my PRO-67B for three years but, as the service rep explained,
the G1000SDX is 25% overloaded turning a PRO-67B.  The 21 sq ft rating of
the rotor is misleading, the "K" factor is what really matters and my
antenna generates 2509 ft/lbs while the G1000SDX is only rated at 2020
ft/lbs.  Oh well, live and learn (and pay the price for the lesson!) I guess.

Anyone know the "K" factor rating for a Tailtwister?  Would appreciate
knowing; think it will be OK for my rather puny home station installation
(Trylon 56 footer with the PRO-67B mounted 1 ft above the tower using a
thust bearing at the top) but don't want to make another mistake.

Anyone need a spare control box for a Yaesu rotor?  Give me a shout.

Thanks

Larry