[TowerTalk] Radical alternative for pinning beams

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Radical alternative for pinning beams
From: k6ll@juno.com (David O Hachadorian)
Date: Wed, 02 Jul 1997 11:54:43 EDT
On Tue, 1 Jul 97 22:09:15 -0400 Bill Coleman AA4LR <aa4lr@radio.org>
writes:

>b) mount a tiny b&w camera on the tower looking "up" at the beam. Run
>the
>video to a screen in the shack. Calibrate the screen with points for
>N,
>E, S, W.

A few years ago, the feedback pot in my t2x failed.
The tower is about 20 feet back from the shack window,
but the antennas are obscured from view by a patio roof.
I installed a mirror on the ground, tilted so the antennas
were observable from the shack window, and put stickers
for NESW on the mirror. I operated this way for about a
year, until something else broke in the rotor and it had to
be replaced with my spare Ham IV.

But then again, as has been reported elsewhere, my antennas
are just about rusted stuck on Northeast.

Dave Hachadorian, K6LL
k6ll@juno.com