[TowerTalk] cross country twr purchase

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] cross country twr purchase
From: jleikhim@nettally.com (Leikhim, Joe)
Date: Mon, 14 Jul 1997 14:12:39 -0400
Bill; When I was seeking my tower ( I am in FL), it seemed like the only
towers available were in California or New York. You might check some
back issues of the yellow sheets to see if someone in your area still
has one for sale. Given the expenses you have cited, I would be
concerned that your used purchase will approach the cost (within $1000)
of the new tower. You have to factor in contingincies for new pulleys,
cables, bolts, foundation "J" bolts, corrosion mitigation, and other
mechanicals which may have deteriorated. How old did the seller say the
tower was??

--
Joe Leikhim
Jleikhim@nettally.com

"tv dinner by the pool,
i'm so glad i finished school" -F.Zappa 1967