[TowerTalk] Vertical-What wire to us

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Vertical-What wire to us
From: edwoods@pbsac01.isp.pacbell.com (Woods, Eric D (pb-Edwoods))
Date: Thu, 23 Oct 1997 12:09:00 -0700
Ron:

You're probably ok to do this, depending on the corrosive nature of the
soil/grass/weeds(in my case) that you will expose the wire to.  I don't know
what 20 Ga Cu will look like after many years of "Turf Builder"
applications.

The better the conductivity of the soil, the more corrossive it tends to be,
not taking into consideration the chemical composition and pH.

Eric, K6GV
edwoods@pacbell.com
 Is there any problem with using
uninsulated copper?  Such as 20 ga?  I plan on a minimum of 64 1/4 wave
radials laid right on the ground.  I am counting on the grass covering
them up next season.

Ron N5IN